THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Wow! What a Weekend!

This has been one of the busiest weekends we've had in a while. We have had a great weekend making memories, though. We'll share pictures of the hilights.

Friday began with Zachary's graduation from Pre-K. What a special day for him. He was so proud of himself. They had practiced the ceremony for a couple weeks, so he has excited to show us all of his hard work. He is really going to miss Ms. Nicole and Ms. Christy this summer.


Saturday, Zachary and I got up early to go get our hair cut. When we got home Saturday, we promised him that once Daddy was done with the yard work, we'd take him to the pool. Unfortunately, the yard work took until dinnertime, so it was after 7:00 that we went to the pool. It was so cold by then that Zachary was the only one to get in. He only lasted about 15 minutes, though. We were so worn out by then that it didn't matter.

Sunday after church, we went to Grandma's for lunch and then hurried home to get our stuff together to head over to Bryson's house. He's one of Zachary's best buddies also. They had lots of fun playing both inside and outside. About the only time they sat still was for dinner. We had homemade ice cream for dessert and both boys loved it. Here's a quick picture.

Today, we got up extra early because I ran in the Dacula 5k. It was my first 5k and I was a nervous wreck. I asked my friends Jennie and Erin to run with me so I could have some familiar faces nearby. We had a great time. We saw lots of people we knew from around Dacula. Even more thrilling was my time: 36:38. I know that is not a time to win me any awards, but was by over four minutes the best I had ever run. My goal was to complete the race in under 45 minutes. When I approached the finish line, I was THRILLED to see the clock. Yeah, me!


We stayed for the Dacula Days parade. Whoa, what a parade it was! We have never seen a parade last one hour and forty minutes. We got to see lots of friends pass through the parade.

Jennie's dog, Otto, enjoyed the parade nearly as much as Zachary.

We ended our weekend going to Rebekah and McKinney's house to swim for the afternoon and evening. We stayed for dinner. The kids were having so much fun that we had to drag them out of the pool to eat. They swam and swam for almost four hours. My the energy that kids have.

From Rebehak and McKinney's house, Zachary went to Granny's to spend the night. On the way there, he fell asleep. It is not often that he crashes off to sleep before 8:00, but we can't blame him tonight. Hopefully he'll sleep late tomorrow.

What a weekend. What great memories. Thanks, Lord.

0 comments: