THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wheeling, West Virginia

For the last 8 or 9 years, I has been quite the Collin Raye fan. Every time he comes to Atlanta, I have found a way to see him in concert. Fan club? yep! Own all his cds? yep! Tshirts? yep! I even went so far as to name my son after him! Zachary Collin Elkins. Total groupie.

It has been about 4 years since I've had the chance to see him in concert. Mainly because he isn't traveling as much and doesn't come to the southeast all that much either. So, I searched for a concert venue that worked for our schedule and found a way to make a road trip out of it. The problem is that we are perhaps the busiest family I know. It is hard to find a free weekend when you have family, baseball, and football to work around. Lucky for me, I found a concert in Wheeling, WV on a weekend that we had absolutely nothing planned. Perfect road trip!
I drove 22 hours out of our 38 hour trip and put over 1350 miles on the car. It was so worth it. We got to sit second row, center. Awesome!

0 comments: