THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 7, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was a BIG day at our house. Zachary began Kindergarten. He woke up extra early this morning so he wouldn't be late. These pictures are from before we left the house. His hair was still wet from his shower because he couldn't wait to get out the door! It was dry by the time he got to school.



Zachary and I made a deal last night that if I walked him into school, I got to take the camera and take a couple of quick pictures in his classroom. This shot was taken during the half of a second he stood still for me. I did not get the picture of him rolling his eyes right after the picture was taken. haha
Next thing I knew, he was sitting in his chair ready to start his day. He had long forgotten about me. His teacher just laughed. She was amazed at how quickly I got out of the classroom. I think I was the first mom back into the parking lot headed back to my car. Zachary and I were both very ready for him to start school.
The best part of the day, according to Zachary, was the bus ride home. He was so concerned about all the homework he'd be having but said as long as he got to ride the bus, the homework wouldn't be so bad. We just laughed at his reasoning. I guess at 5 years old, the bus can be a pretty cool thing. Plus, I don't think he realizes just how little homework he'll have this year.




Wow! What a big boy. We are so proud of you and were thrilled to hear how much fun you had on your first day of school. We hope every day is this much fun.

0 comments: