THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 28, 2008

10:48 and sick as a dog

Well, I did it. I ran my first race. I was feeling bad all last week and woke up Saturday morning with a 101.4 fever. I knew I was coming down with the flu. But...I was so determined to run the race, that I went anyways. When I got there, I decided it was best that I only run the 1 mile fun run rather than try the 5k. 10 minutes and 48 seconds later, I realized that was a good idea. It was fun to run with others and see where I stacked up in the bunch. Unfortunately, there were about 5 kids under the age of 12 that beat me. Oh well. I had fun and plan to do it again. The guy that won the 5k ran the entire thing in just over 17 minutes. Now I feel really out of shape. I spent the rest of the weekend in bed recovering and feel much better today. Here's a picture of the runner number, completion ribbon and tshirt I received for running the race.



I hope to receive lots more.


Tonight, Zachary's Granny came over and played with him for a little while. He's been begging for her to come over and see him. They spent the evening playing Rescue Heroes. He's got her wrapped around his little fingers. It's fun to watch them play together. Here's a quick pic...


___________________________________


Today's Bible verse:


Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. - 1 Corinthians 9:24




0 comments: